Living a Balanced Life with Diabetes Toolkit Webcast
Course Duration - 1 Hour
This introductory webcast describes how to use the Living a Balanced Life with Diabetes Toolkit to address diabetes and psychosocial issues in American Indians and Alaska Natives with diabetes.
By the end of the webcast, participants will be able to:
1, Describe the burden of diabetes in Indian Country.
2. Highlight how depression impacts American Indians/Alaska
3. Describe the association between diabetes and depression.
4. Discuss why a toolkit on diabetes and depression is needed
5. Describe the components of the toolkit.
6. Highlight how the toolkit can be used in various settings.
Shondra McCage, MPH, CHES
Ms. McCage is a Health Promotion Specialist and Program Manager for the Chickasaw Nation Diabetes Center.
Michelle Owens-Gary, PhD
Dr. Owens-Gary is a Behavioral Scientists with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
User Help Reminder
To watch the webcast, you will need a device capable of playing Window's Media Files.
An accessible transcript of the webcast and slides are available on the obsta webcast.